If you’re driving a Volvo VAH or VHD you know there’s room for improvement in the headlight department, otherwise, you wouldn’t be here reading this! The Volvo VAH and the VHD headlight housing is called a sealed beam incandescent that is an old-school traditional headlight – and I think it’s a cruel prank that Volvo played on the truck owners. With all the great lighting technology in the world why install 55-year-old headlight technology on a $150,000 machine???
A huge part of on the road safety has to do with your forward lighting technology.
The original part number for the sealed beam 35w halogen low beam housing is H5001. The original part number for the sealed beam 55w high beam halogen housing is H5006. The Vision X Vortex XIL-575RD can replace both of these part numbers and look good doing it! This sealed beam size, 5.75″ round, is also commonly referred to as 6″ round, and it’s a standard-sized sealed beam housing described as a PAR56 size headlight housing. The Vision X Vortex is the WORLD’S BRIGHTEST and most reliable 5.75″ round sealed beam headlight housing available.
The Vision X Vortex LED Headlights are a direct-replacement for your original Volvo sealed beam headlights.
Not only is the Vision X Vortex headlight a huge improvement in lighting performance, it has an integrated halo for world-class style too!
The original Volvo sealed beam headlights draw 35-55w of power, and produce roughly 900 Lumen of light per housing. They are fragile glass housing with a fragile wound-wire filament inside to create light output. The new Vision X LED headlights to draw only 13w on low beam and 20w on high beam. BUT, they produce 4,210 Lumen of light making them 4 times brighter than your original headlights! Doing this upgrade will allow things you never thought you could see before, and they are 100% DOT compliant!
The original housings are made of glass and are easily damaged.
The new Vortex headlights are 4 times brighter than the stock headlight housings, and way more durable!
The install is simple:
- Remove the chrome trim ring holding your old glass sealed beam headlights in place.
- Disconnect the wire harness that connects from the truck to the back of the headlight. The low beam will have 3 prongs and the high beam will have 2.
- Plugin the new LED headlights from Vision X. They will have a short wire harness coming off the back of the housing that will connect directly to your OEM harness. No modification is required.
- If you want the halo to turn on, now is the time to wire it in. It’s triggered by a single wire that you connect to a positive + voltage source. It can come on with the headlights, with the parking lights, with ignition, or just run it to a switch in the dash – you control how the halo operates.
- Re-install the mounting trim to hold the original lamps in place. This part is exactly the same as the OEM housings.
These LED headlight housing replacements are not only highly functional adding in driving comfort and safety, but they also look good! If you’re after safety, performance AND style, look no further than the Vision X Vortex #XIL-575RD LED headlight housing replacement.
The Vision X Vortex 5.75″ round XIL-575RD LED headlights are a beautiful match to your truck. They are available in chrome and black chrome to fit your tastes.
Here you can see the Vision X Vortex LED headlights with just the halo turned on. The dots are not this noticeable in person, but due to the camera exposure settings, they are isolated in this photo.
Here you can see the Vision X Vortex LED headlights with just the low beam and halo turned on. The dots are not this noticeable in person, but due to the camera exposure settings, they are isolated in this photo.